HYB:Seedling
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

2006 was a good year for making crosses in my garden.  It was a long hybridizing season with a large number of takes.  The last such season.  Some of you may recall that I indulged in a "gene combining" project.  My goal was to pull in many colors and patterns that were not currently represented in my rebloom program.  Expanded form and the tangerine factor were high on the wish list, though not expected in the first generation.  About 1/4 to 1/3 of the year's crosses were in this group.

Shire X Dignity Dancer has produced seedlings with good growth habits.  Most have had good form with touching or near touching hafts.

I'm attaching 2148-01, an early spring bloom.  Not sure how it will look in the future.  Others were a bit more normal in color, but still interesting.  I didn't expect off season bloom, and I didn't get it!  (so far.)

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Iris Garden

image/pjpeg