Re: OT-CHAT: facebook (was CULT: spring)
  • Subject: Re: OT-CHAT: facebook (was CULT: spring)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 07:15:05 -0500

I'm actually not new to Facebook - got an account quite awhile ago so I
could access some non-iris friends' wall photos, but just recently
stepped into the quicksand of the iris community ;-)

Talk about information overload! I do try to limit the amount of time I
spend with this machine, but really enjoy sharing excitement about this
and that with iris cyber friends (plus the usual "real" friends) and it
will be nice to have better/easier access to old and new iris friends
who aren't on this forum.

Things seem to have really slowed down in these two forums with so much
on Facebook and Iris Encyclopedia, but I do hope folks will continue to
share some things here as well. The archived messages on hortnet are an
incredible resource. Just last week, I dug through some posts by Neil
Mogensen re: genetics of Emma Cook pattern. Again. And hunted up some
seedling photos from various folks, searching for parents.

Anyway, Adam, it's like being sucked down a drain at first ;-) Thanks
to Barb ;-) & Facebook, I still have about 90 friend requests from
people I never heard of, not counting the ones I've accepted. & some of
them I probably never heard of either, thanks to fumble fingers ;-)

> Um, Adam, be careful, 'cause I was almost late picking up my husband while I was schmoozing my new "friends" on Facebook. Talk about time flying. :O
> El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Z3

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7