Amazing Iris Encyclopedia update 2
  • Subject: Amazing Iris Encyclopedia update 2
  • From: Robert Pries <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:59:17 -0500 (EST)

It continues to amaze me what we Iris people can do working together. We now have both the Arils and the SpeciesX  completely moved to new webs, and the MDBs are almost there. Since there are hundreds of people who use the Iris Encyclopedia each day I am trying to limit the number of categories in transition at any point in time. And because as we move pages into the new webs the process will speed up, I am saving the TBs until last so that those new webs will not be in two places for as long a period. But we also do not want people trying to move the same page at the same time so it will be best if anyone wishing to help e-mail me and I can give you a group of letters to work on. At this rate we may have the wiki working at top speed in only a month instead of three.

            A few words about the new webs; New pages in the future will be added from within the category of web that they relate to. For example to add a new Aril one would first go to the Aril web and choose add new Aril from the Left side bar. Each page name must still be a WikiWord starting with the Prefex of that web, Example ArCultivarName for that aril. Each web has its own web statistics and administrative tools, which means we can measure the activity in each category as opposed to only a measure of interest in the Encyclopedia in general.