Re: Cult: Cricket Song
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Cult: Cricket Song
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 05:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

Looks fine on my monitor too Donald. Gave me a big smile to see it in bloom for ya, even if only 7" tall. Thanks! It's just breaking dormancy here. And Linda, I'm glad you at least got that February bloomstalk. Hopefully it'll get established and crank out some more stalks later in the Summer or Fall.
I just got word from Walter Moores in Mississippi that it grew well last Fall for him but hasn't grown much this Spring and looks like it probably won't bloom this Spring. It's good to see how it handles some of your more extreme conditions.
Out in California, it's been behaving somehat erratically. I've heard that it has Fall/Winter rebloomed in one of the convention gardens and grown vigorously without any blooms at all, in another garden. I hope that as these clumps settle down, they'll get into the local climate rhythms and get busy blooming away for you guys.
Thanks for all the feedback! Tom

-------------------------------

It looks fine on my monitor, Donald.

CS isn't showing signs of trying to make more bloomstalks here, Tom.
Seems to have done what it could back in Feb under covers! Stalks
turned to mush, but no rot.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7b
Cult: Cricket Song

Still trying to figure out the new photo program. Sent it to myself
first and it appears really small for what it says is a 40KB photo. May
not show much on the group. It did survive the drought and heat last
summer, but didn't look very hale and hearty so the bloom is something
of a welcome surprise.

Donald Eaves
donald@txol.net
Texas Zone 7?, USA