Re: another SDB seedling

Hi Shauna,

Thanks for the kind words about my seedling. And
thanks for the great name. I am not accustomed to
thinking up good iris names. I usually sit around and
think up funny ones for all the ugly seedings that pop
up in my little garden. It's a game I play before I
toss them in the compost bin. Makes me chuckle and
keeps me from crying when I see how ugly some of them

I had a seedling once that grew a very nice stalk but
never bloomed. I kept waiting and finally, when I
checked the spathes, all of them were empty!!! This
one was appropriately named "Shooting Blanks" and
tossed in the bin. Hahahahaha!

Anyway, there is a couple of faults (in my opinion) on
this seedling that I can see. One is the leaves get a
tad too tall and the other is that I think the flower
form could be fuller to compete with what is on the
market. But I am going to try to get another
generation out of it and see if anything better crops

--- Shauna _ <skorblizzard@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sterling,
> I really like your seedling #97-35-1. Very mystical
> colouring - the name
> "Baby Dragon" came to mind. :)
> I would buy it if you were to release it, as I like
> unusual colour
> combinations.
> Keep up the great work!
> Shauna
> (zone 3, Alberta)
> http://www.hotmail.com

Do You Yahoo!?

Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
Click to enter.