Re: Re: Dark seedling/bloom season

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Dark seedling/bloom season
  • From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:37:32 -0700

Hello Linda,
Strange year....hot - cold -hot - cold, hail, rain, wind etc.  Kinda like
your neck of the woods.  TB bloom started in mid March and we have stuff
that is just opening now.  Midnight Oil, Edna's Wish, Diabolique, Starship
Enterprise and Shelby Lynne just opened this morning.  Bloom has been at
different times at the our various different ranches too.  One is just
hitting peak bloom right now while one is almost completely gone by...!?
Klingon Princess and Gemstar just opened (SDB) and I have a few IB seedlings
blooming right now.  Has made for an extremely interesting hybridizing year,
probably made over 1000 individual crosses so far.  (not counting Georges
crosses).  Today we have SDBs IBs MTBs TBs BBs Japanese, Louisianas, spuria
and PCIs blooming.  Only thing missing for us is MDBs and I haven't bothered
looking for any.  Is anybody else experiencing this kind of season?
Mike Sutton
Porterville, CA USA
USDA zone 8b