Re: TB: Eurhythimc (sp?)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Eurhythimc (sp?)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 16:10:48 -0400

I posted a photo of Eurhythmic on <iris-photos> mentioning the trouble I
had keeping it alive and Laetitia asked:
<...what is the problem? It doesn't like the rain?>

It seemed to grow well with plenty of water as long as temps were cool,
but when we would have alternating very dry and very wet spells later in
the season, it would rot.  Walter Moores has had better luck in
Mississippi in somewhat similar climate but very different soil; mine is
very gravelly, his is very good soil.  My soil is better drained than
his, so that isn't the problem

Many cultivars bred in dry summer climates have this problem east of the
Mississippi.  I usually don't bother trying to keep them alive, but I
<really> wanted to see the bloom on this one.

Linda Mann Tennessee