[PHOTO] Better pic of Moraea polystachya | Sun, 13 May 2001 22:01:19" />

[PHOTO] Better pic of Moraea polystachya

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Better pic of Moraea polystachya
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:02:49 +1000

Howdy All,

I just nipped out and took a photo of the Moraea again as It is now fully
open (last night is was partly closed when I photographed it.

The colour is actually part way between the two pics (last night shadey,
today in the sun which bleachs it a bit).  It really is a lovely shade of
blue-mauve.  The thin stem is around 3 foot tall, topped (at this stage)
with a single flower.  This is the case for both plants I have.