[PHOTO] Mystery Iris | Fri, 18 May 2001 10:32:03" />

[PHOTO] Mystery Iris

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Mystery Iris
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" <clc@cherylleigh.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:23:01 -0400

I am new to this list and fairly new to irises. I have been growing them for
5 years but don't have many varieties. I started with 20 rhizomes given to
me by an online friend, and I have not seen most of them in bloom. She was
very good about labeling each rhizome, and she sent me a list of
descriptions. The iris in the attached photo came up last year and it
doesn't fit any of the descriptions she sent, and sadly I have lost touch
with her. I'd love to know what this iris is called! The colors in this
photo are fairly close; the falls looked more blue but did have a purple
hint, and the standards look white in the photo but were really the same
blueish-purple as the falls, but a few shades lighter. Beards were light
yellow. All the falls had that little fold in them. I may have another photo
taken at a slightly different angle.

I'll be grateful for any help, and I sure do hope she blooms again this

Cheryl Leigh
Iris Page http://cherylleigh.com/iris2001.htm