Re: RE: CULT: Labels

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: CULT: Labels
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:42:48 -0700

I have used the Avery clear labels for years with very good success. I use a heavier label stake (See-Fine) and can remove the labels using boiling water and a razor blade scrapper. A heavy duty heat gun works even easier but I don't have one of those.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 5:13 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] RE: CULT: Labels

Sorry, I didn't have anymore info. All I had left was a printout describing
the procedure. Anything I saved was deep sixed when the BIOS went south. I
spray painted the Eon label markers with a quality appliance paint.  I also
got tool dip and dipped the marker legs to prevent rust. Everything seems to
be working as I had hoped. I'm retired with a little time on my hands :)

I use Avery 5630 clear plastic laser labels. Not having a laser printer, I
had the local fax, UPS and printing service store print them for me. I
supplied the labels and the floppy disk with the Word label format. They
charged me $12 to print o/a 350 labels. About a buck per page of labels.
Kinkos will rent a computer and a laser printer, but I figured the cost would
even out. For years I had been using a plain plastic tape. I tried the
Brothers PTouch labeler. The PTouch labels did not last 5 months.

Al Alhbee@aol.com
Zone 7

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Yahoo! Website Services- Click Here!