[PHOTO] Re: TB: identification help please | Mon, 6 May 2002 16:14:01" />

[PHOTO] Re: TB: identification help please

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: identification help please
  • From: IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 13:11:45 -0700

Hmmmmmmm......... the Ascent of Angels, sure does look different here in my friends garden.  The standards have the Wisteria Blue color with the midrib deeper, as listed in the Iris List book. Yet, is not visible in the picture posted.  I guess they can look different depending on where they grow.

Laurie mentioned Olympiad (Ghio'84 Blooms early to Late) and looking at the photos in an Old Roris catalog and an older Schreiners catalog .................. It sure LOOKS like that one. It too has the deeper flush in the midrib - lighter on the edges, with light blue beards blending to yellow beards in the throat.

Attached is a copy of a very old photo I have of Olympiad. Maybe that could help.  (I've never tried sendfing a photo before, lets see if I know how.)

Margie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

JPEG image