Re: Re: [iris-talk] Cult: dollar weed

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: [iris-talk] Cult: dollar weed
  • From: GardnrJan1@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:30:46 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/2002 11:30:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, thelockmans@tntie.com writes:

Janet , what is that scalloped , round leafed plant growing on the ground around the iris in your pic?

The diabolicly prolific and hated( at least by me) "dollar weed".    Don't know the botanic name but it's everywhere and I've been told it takes three years to eradicate...spreads by underground runners.    Someone also told me it's a relative of the geranium.   How
ironic, I LIKE geraniums.

Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Height:   4 5 6 7  ft 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 in
Weight:
Sex:   F M