[PHOTO] Iris sp. DJHC 98306 (delavayi?) | Wed, 15 May 2002 21:45:20" />

[PHOTO] Iris sp. DJHC 98306 (delavayi?)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Iris sp. DJHC 98306 (delavayi?)
  • From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:42:35 -0700

This spring I bough an iris species labeled with the collection
number DJHC 98306 from Heronswood Nursery. Their catalog
indicated that it had not yet bloom for them (I believe it was
collected as seeds and they did not see the flowers in the
wild). When bloom stalks showed, I exchanged e-mailed
with them and my plant seems to be a bit farther along toward
bloom than the ones they still have. The first flower opened
on Saturday. Based on observations and measurements, my
best guess is the 40-chromosome siberian, Iris delavayi.

Ken Walker
Concord, CA USA
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 14

Buy Stock for $4