Re: Iris in full shade

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris in full shade
  • From: IrisLady <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 07:46:16 -0700

Interesting about the shade.  I find that if my iris are in the shade (without any access to the sunlight sometime during the year), only a small portion of them will bloom.  But then, most of mine are 1970's or older.
If it is the genetics in them that control that...... (And obviously it sounds like some of these older varieties have that capability) then it could be a great hybridizing project  - to create new/modern varieties that do the same!
Oro Valley, Az.
zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor