Re: TB: white seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: white seedling
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:22:15 -0400

<Hi Linda,  Looks like you have some mighty nice seedlings there!!  How
many pods are now growing on  Seakist?  Will you be introducing any?
Margie Oro Valley, AZ. zone 8/9>

Hi Margie & thanks very much!

All thru the bloom season, I kept thinking with gratitude of all the
folks in this forum without whose generous information, advice,
encouragement, and answering my incessant questions, sometimes with
facts, sometimes with fun, wild, speculation (not to mention all the
'try this one, Linda' rhizomes!) over the last 6 years (!!), none of
this beauty would have been at my house this year.  I don't know if I
will introduce any or not - maybe the tall dark & fragrant one (DUSKY
GRAPE?), maybe the two IMMORTALITY kids, depending on how they behave
here in the future & elsewhere on trial.  My favorite may wind up being
the white seedling - it is the only one of the three that has been
setting pods & providing enthusiastic, fertile pollen

The SEAKIST crosses are too young yet to tell how many will make it -
some are starting to form pods, but they may not mature.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Your opinion is very important to us!