Re: Re: grape fragrance

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: grape fragrance
  • From: "Harold" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:48:32 -0700

I have a large number of fragrant iris because I think fragrance is a
valuable characteristic to any flower and buy most irises I see listed as
having a pronounced fragrance. I even have some that are reported to be
grape smelling. Fragrance is very individualistic. First is whether the
person can smell the fragrance and second is how the person describes the
fragrance. The most fragrant iris in my garden is the rebloomer SUGAR BLUES.
The flower is rather blah being that it is an 85 rebloomer intro. I have had
customers describe the fragrance as grape. To me it is simply Sweet. I sell
a fair number each year because of the pronounced fragrance.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762