[PHOTO] Re: SPEC: I. korolkowii | Fri, 24 May 2002 14:56:53" />

[PHOTO] Re: SPEC: I. korolkowii

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] SPEC: I. korolkowii
  • From: William Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:34:42 -0500

Does anybody know if there is a chance that I. korolkowii would be adaptable enough to live here in southern Missouri? I am assuming that it is a full aril and I haven't even tried AB's here yet, but people keep posting pictures of those gorgeous stripes and I'm lusting badly ;-)

I think I could find a dry enough spot, but winters can get cold here....I've been here 22 years and I've seen  -10 degrees many times, even colder a few times....

Bill Wells

Hensler wrote:

Open in the greenhouse... I ordered this because of the gorgeous stripes but I'm fascinated by the deep green in the signal and the wild green, green, green pollen! Beautiful but totally alien looking. :-) These arrived well after our "safe planting" period but I took a chance and planted some in the garden. FYI, they came through the winter just fine. ChristySkip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA
http://www.povn.com/rock/

GIF image