Re: SIB or SPU difference

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SIB or SPU difference
  • From: John Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 08:34:55 -0700

Harold Peters wrote:

> I am not an expert but I do grow both Siberians and spurias. Your Siberian
> looked like a spuria to me. Both the flower form and clump size
> appeared to
> be a spuria.

I agree, eespecially with the way the second bloom invades the terminal,
shape and size of the foliage. Generally I don't think Sibs have that
big a flower.  Bloom season for SPUs is before SIBs as well.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: