[PHOTO] Wild increase | Mon, 12 May 2003 09:00:22" />

[PHOTO] Wild increase

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Wild increase
  • From: "Hensler" hensler@povn.net
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:00:56 -0700

Just noticed that these goofy little things are sending up buds but I was more surprised by the number of fans in the clump on the left. Early this spring I removed about 1/4 of it. Won't venture a guess about how many are still there but I counted 47 fans on what I'd removed.
Not bad for a 3-year old but I wonder if the amount of increase could be linked to fertility. This one is almost completely pod sterile. Its sibling (on the right) will set pods but didn't have a grain of pollen.
Christy Hensler
Newport, WA
Only 1 little MDB in bloom so far.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor