Re: Not Batik!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Not Batik!
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:56:52 -0400

Dana,

I remember the thread about Batik acting strangely, and I looked at it
before I posted and before I contacted the grower from whom I got the iris.
When the iris was in bud I was worried because the buds were white, and I
did think I had a case of Batik gone haywire. But it seemed awfully strange
to me that EVERY bud would be white and that the three open flowers on three
different stalks would all look like the exact same plicata! I thought when
Batik reverted, the effect was on individual flowers, not every one in the
clump! I don't think the unopened white buds are going to bloom looking like
Batik, either.

Plus, I haven't seen any pictures of Batik with the falls slightly curled up
as mine are, but I have found many pictures of Rare Edition online which
show that.

Cheryl Leigh