Re: OT: 2003 Region 6 Spring Tour

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: OT: 2003 Region 6 Spring Tour
  • From: "Martin Foley" emjfoley@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 23:45:55 -0000

Original message worded poorly, sorry. These guest irises are in
bloom today 5/23, eight days prior to the tour. There are 125 guest
irises at the Detroit Zoo. Again sorry for the poorly worded original
message.

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Martin Foley <emjfoley@y...>
wrote:
> The iris garden at the Detroit Zoo has 7 iris plots and a total of
513 irises. It will be the first stop on this year's region 6 spring
tour. Created in 1991 by Keith McNames the iris club of SOUTHEAST
Michigan has maintained it for the past 12 years.

> Tonight, will send to iris-photos approximately 20 pictures of the
current guest irises that the club received in 2001. It has to be the
zoodoo soil because after only 2 years the size of some of the clumps
of guest irises is unbelievable, as hopefully you will see.

> For some unknown reason the club's Adopt-A-Garden sign vanished
over the winter. We have had 2 new signs made, but now the tour has
incurred its first problem. The signmaker omitted SOUTHEAST in
the 'iris club of southeast Michigan' on the sign. Most of the 60
participants on the tour will be from Michigan, some will be from
other clubs. Its too late to get the signs redone, because the tour
is a week from tomorrow, 5/31/2003.

> Do you think the members of the other Michigan iris clubs will
believe SE is painted in green on the sign?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/2gGylB/TM