Re: Re: Visit to Neil Mogensen

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Visit to Neil Mogensen
  • From: Patricia Wenham h.schinkep@verizon.net
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:38:12 -0700

It was indeed great to see Neil on the screen to assure us that he is
getting around and is able to get out and enjoy his garden again.  I do
not know if any of the club members would be welcome to help in Neil's
garden but if so it might be a club project some day to go and get
things cleaned up for Neil.  We did that for one of our members who has
had some responsibilities and problems that prevented her from getting
her flower beds cleaned out last fall or this spring.  Our president and
her husband spent time repairing our member's irrigation system so she
could water her flowers and then several of us made the (45 +-one way)
trip to spend most of one day working in the flower beds and we will do
at least one more work party to get all the beds cleaned once.  It was a
wonderful time for all of us because we got to visit with one another,
share ideas and admire all the beautiful iris, shrubs, trees and
perennials in her garden.  This sort of thing brings us closer together
physically and mentally.  Some of the members live almost 85 miles apart
or 190 miles round trip so we do not see one another very often.  We
always enjoy one another when we get together and an event like this
which we turned into a potluck too is great fun.  It is almost
impossible to find anyone who can work in your flowers unless it is
someone who grows them too.

My bloom season is winding down for the TBs now. The ABs are hanging in
there. The Sibs are starting to bloom.  I ordered some Spurias so I
should have a nice spread between the SDBs and the Spurias when they are

Keep those photos coming.  That is why we have a photo list.  Our other
list strips photos from the messages.

Neil, keep on improving.

Arid USDA zone 5 in central WA state.