[PHOTO] Seedling: Iced WineX Ostry White | Thu, 29 May 2003 18:38:50" />

[PHOTO] Seedling: Iced WineX Ostry White

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Seedling: Iced WineX Ostry White
  • From: Sandy Ives rives@rogers.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:40:20 -0400

This is of interest to me only due to its age.

This is the second year from seed.  In Ottawa... that's a zone 4b.

Iced Wine is a shorter SDB from Chuck Chapman and remains one of my
favorites.

I think 'Ostry White' is a spec-X (with recessive everything), but it
may be an MDB.  I haven't been able to find the registration
information.  For us, it is very short.

Combined, the two have produced an MTB.  No good branching, but then
again, it's only in its second year.  I doubt it will improve in terms
of branching.

Another seedling did not produce a good photo (maybe tomorrow), but it
has 'Glam' as a pod parent.  It is also blooming in its second year from
seed.

Regards,

Sandy Ives in Ottawa

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/2gGylB/TM