Re: Historic: FROST AND FLAME - form history

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Historic: FROST AND FLAME - form history
  • From: Bill & Gale Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 07:06:02 -0500

Thanks for the suggestion, Gerry. I'll spend some time with the HIPS page. However, there are no clubs near me - not within 100 miles. That's why the lists are so important to me...only contact I have with other iris fanatics. ;-)

Bill Wells (southern MO)

Gerry Snyder wrote:
Bill & Gale Wells wrote:

I've not seen FAF in person. In your pic, the falls look quite round
indeed. That strikes me as unusual in an iris of the 50's, but I don't
really know my form history.

Could some of you HIPS folks give me an abbreviated primer on form

Convince a club near you to get the Lowes (Mike and Anne) to give a
program there. Either one alone would be great, but they play off each
other so well ("What Mr. Chase didn't know about the development of
iris, Mr. Sanborn did" with Rachmaninoff in the background) that it
would be a shame to miss the pairing.

Or just study the HIPS web page. Even though it is not organized along
those lines, there are a gazillion pix there, showing what you want. You
could even take a color or set of colors and set up a page showing the
progress using their pictures.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor