Haft marks on NOID RUSSET TB

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Haft marks on NOID RUSSET TB
  • From: Mickey Corley <mcorley@compuserve.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 11:01:04 -0400

This was also posted on iris@hort.net without the attachments

Message text written by INTERNET:iris@hort.net
>I've wondered about patterns and coloring on the underside of the falls
too.  They are sometimes very distinctive from one cultivar to another, and
sometimes add to the beauty of the flower greatly, yet these details are
almost never mentioned.  Sometimes there are haft markings under the falls,
but they are usually not so developed as they are above.

Thanks for posting this Dave - after the earlier discussions re haft
markings on the underside of the falls I had checked a few iris and found
none.  Then I was trying to identify a Historic russet and picked of a
spent flower to get a better picture.  When I turned it over, it had almost
as much haft marking on the underneath of the falls (and standards) as it
did on the top.  Someone had asked for an image of haft markings.  I have
posted this to iris-photo.  I would also like any input on the possibility
of who this russet iris is.

Mickey Corley (Mrs.)
Bethany OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 6/7