Re: SDB sdlg

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB sdlg
  • From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 12:07:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sandra,

Thank you very much for the nice comment. Last year
was maiden bloom for this seedling and it was blooming
in the SDB class which is up to 15". This year it is
very happy and has put up some husky stalks and is
blooming out of class.

Pedigree is (M9705-2: Westar x Scorpio) X Chanted. I
was hoping for horns but they didn't show up in any of
the seedlings in this cross. The parent seedling
didn't have horns either.

I don't think this or anything else in my garden would
ever be introduced anytime soon. Most of my seedlings
have visible faults, some of them quite criminal. But
thank you very much for the encouragement. Hybridizing
is a fun backyard hobby for me.

--- Sandra <bardraj2003@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> That is lovely....and what's wrong with 16".  I hope
> you introduce it.  What is
> the pedigree on that (do irises have a pedigree or
> is there another word for it ?)

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links