Re: SDB sdlg & TB Mescalero Chief

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB sdlg & TB Mescalero Chief
  • From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 21:13:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Will,

I think you are right. I think Mescalero Chief would
be a good cross with my SDB seedling. It already has
SA genes in it's parentage. It is a cross from Westar,
Scorpio and Chanted.

To be honest, I have not made any crosses with this
seedling so I don't know if it is pod/pollen fertile
but it does have pollen. If you would send me your
snail mail addy privately I will send you some pollen.
If I put it in the mail tomorrow, you should get the
anthers by the end of the week.

> I was disappointed that Eye
> shadow stopped
> blooming a
> couple days ago, I'd hope to cross it to MC

Have you tried saving and freezing pollen anthers? It
is very easy and very effective. You can save pollen
to cross with later varieties that way. I pluck the
pollen anthers out and put them in empty plastic film
canisters, label them, let them dry for a couple of
days them pop the lid on and put them in the freezer
until I need them. Apparently, it keeps for quite a
while in the freezer. I just pollinated a flower with
pollen I collected last fall from a reblooming
variety. It looks like it took because pods are

Seattle, WA. zone 8

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links