Re: This Iris is NOT Blue

John

This is a common problem with digital. I find that by using a non-auto mode
(where I can change the white balance) I use a different white balance
setting to correct. Eg in my Fuji S7000 I take yellows and whites in Auto
mode, but blues and purples I take on a manual setting using "daylight
fluorescent" white balance. This gives almost exactly the right colour for
purples and blues. If I'm not sure I shoot in two different WB modes and
pick the one that is closest. Sometimes my yellows look a bit too gold, so I
might also shoot in a "landscape" which on my camera tends to put a slight
green/yellow tint on things and correct yellow colours.

Every camera make is different. It's a good idea to practice shooting a
whole range of colours with different white balance settings, and get to
know instinctively which way your camera may throw the colour. After a while
you will be able to easily pick the setting you should use.

But I still find digital far easier than film where I had to contend with
inconsistent variations in processing colour balance and then scanning.

Colleen Modra
Impressive Irises

PO Box 169
Charleston  SA 5244