Re: Spuria Photos

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Spuria Photos
  • From: "Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:48:43 -0700

Robert, I wonder just how many of the older spurias are still in cultivation. Or, if they are, if they are being grown by gardeners who still know their identities. I know people who plunk these plants in the ground and never bother to even note down what the names are. I do that myself with lilies....love 'em, but for some odd reason I really don't care what the names are.

Make sure to get some announcements in the Spuria Iris Society newsletter so we can get everybody behind the project.

I discovered there are only a couple of spuria iris society members in Idaho, and in many other states too the numbers are similar. How many growers there are who may never know about the photo project might there be? Woah!

Bob Dickow