Re: [IRIS-PHOTOS] COMP: Resizing Tutorials

  • Subject: Re: [IRIS-PHOTOS] COMP: Resizing Tutorials
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 21:24:19 -0700

On May 9, 2004, at 6:02 PM, Cathy wrote:

> http://www.larry-bolch.com/save-for-web/
>
>  This link will take you to Larry's page that will allow you to select
> tutorials for Photoshop, Paint Shop and Irfanview(FREE!!!).

Pretty good link. Thanks

>  Please be courteous and never post photos that exceed  480 pixels
> high OR 640 pixels wide

Well even that *may* be too big (or not), but as far as I am concerned
the real issue is file size.

And once again the file size is a matter of several factors: The
absolute size of the picture, the susceptibility of the picture to
effective compression and the level of compression you choose.

The criteria for the list is to keep the file size under about 80KB.
Less is better as long as you can still see a good picture.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: