TB: Doctor Alan foliage comparisons

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Doctor Alan foliage comparisons
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:48:13 -0400

Photos were all taken the same day.

The super healthy one is VIOLET MIRACLE.  HARVEST OF MEMORIES and
IMMORTALITY look pretty much the same, every year, all the time.

The pretty good one is DOCTOR ALAN.  Over the years, I've found quite a
few others that look nearly this good.

The diseased one is ELECT LADY, which put up four really nice stalks and
looked fine before the heat and daily "overhead watering" started, and
the one with two feeble looking stalks and a limp leaf or two is a
typical two year plant from just about anywhere.  It also looked fine
before the rain started.

Most of my 'keepers' and seedlings are in between DOCTOR ALAN and ELECT
LADY.  A few that wind up looking as bad as the worst one manage to
increase and bloom now and then, so I keep them until I find something
better.  I have finally learned that unless they look as good as DOCTOR
ALAN, they won't set pods, but will sometimes produce good pollen even
when they wind up looking as bad as the worst of these.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image

JPEG image