Re: Re: ozarks spring show

  • Subject: Re: Re: [iris-photos] ozarks spring show
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:35:33 -0500

Hello Pearl, I only know the one's I brought.  Triple whammy, thornbird, the
one your calling sky hooks is my seedling(good call, it does look like sky
hooks, but has flounces, blue with yellow tips), and the reddish purple is
another seedling of mine, and the lavender one with flounces is mine also.
The others are all ?'s.  I took florets of the seedlings, cause i'd made
crosses on the rest of the stalk.   Some of these the people didn't know what
they were, that's why they ended up on the table. Feel free to guess though.
:) It was still a nice display and a neat way to compare the iris.
Thanks..Will Warner

> From: "Pearl Doyle" <pdoyle@our-town.com>
> Date: 2004/05/18 Tue AM 09:58:39 CDT
> To: <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [iris-photos] ozarks spring show
>
> Will, do you know the names of the iris in the floret table? Wouldn't it be
> fun to see if  anyone can guess the names of all of them...or any of them?
> My guess would be:
> Celebration Song, Sky Hooks, (unknown red), Thornbird,(I don't know the
> next two), Next row: The first pink/orange: Barbara My Love? and I guess
> the black might be Dusky Challenger but don't know any of the others.

Yahoo! Groups Links