tetraploid IB: Lapwing

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] tetraploid IB: Lapwing
  • From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 14:03:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
This is tetraploid IB Lapwing. It's an odd metallic
lavender color and grows and blooms every year.
Branching and bud count is remarkable, about 10-12
buds with branches that start low on the stalk. And
fertile both ways. Lapwing seems to pass it's
remarkable branching and bud count to it's children.
When I crossed it with SA TBs I got small flowering
TBs with aphylla type branching. A couple of them had
bud counts of 12-15 buds.

Seattle, WA. zone 8

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Domains ? Claim yours for only $14.70/year

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image