Re: SIB: Sea Shadows

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SIB: Sea Shadows
  • From: "Christy Hensler" <hensler@povn.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:51:11 -0000

Hi Neil,

Sea Shadows blooms at 32-34" tall, just under the registered height.
That's probably due to the lack of fertilizer and sandy soil more
than anything.

Quite a few of my named variety Siberians are struggling this year.
During the 90-100 degree temps and drought of last season I tried to
keep them watered but those that got the most water look the worst.
Go figure.

Funny you should mention the JS blooming shorter. The seedlings from
SIB-setosa breeding are as well. All came through last year's
problems (even those JI-types that got NO water) and this season seem
anxious to make up for lost time.

We've just come through the most wonderful rains. This year I knew
I'd have some irises that would open right in the worst so put hoops
up and tied on plastic covers. Pollination, photos, and pollen
harvesting went on with little trouble.

Christy

Yahoo! Groups Links