Re: [PHOTO] Re: Happenstance

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Happenstance
  • From: "Patrick Orr" <irisdude@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:06:29 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:06:29 -0700

Bill, this is a perfect example about what I have been trying to get across to local growers here.  They believe, as do a lot of people, that you shouldn't have to mess with irises for them to perform well.  I dissagree whole-heartedly.

Your photos are a perfect example of an iris growing, and with just a little more care, fuss, mess, babying, or whatever you wish to call it, you can get them to thrive.

I personally wish the irises in my garden to thrive, rather than to just grow, so I "fuss" with them a little!

Thanks for posting this.

Patrick Orr
Phoenix, AZ  Zone 9
USA