RE: Pattern and/or similar iris help request

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Pattern and/or similar iris help request
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 07:01:47 -0700

You did say that you expected first year bloom. I didn't believe they would. I am glad that most did even though they were small.
I know what you mean about LAs being a challenge to photograph. I had to retake almost all of the LAs I photographed last year and a few of the ones taken this year. There are a number of folks on the LAiris group who have really mastered the art of photographing LAs. Literally hundreds of outstanding photos were posted this past bloom season. The SLI has just issued the first LA iris illustrated-but-not-hyperlinked checklist. Next year the checklist will include all of this years new photos and be hyperlinked. The checklist is on a CD available for $6.60 (US).
Order from:    Richard Sloan, Treasurer
                               Society for Louisiana Irises
                                118 E. Walnut
                                Alma, AR  72921