Re: HIST:unknown bronze

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HIST:unknown bronze
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:42:56 -0400

I found a photo of GOLDEN RUSSET on the Iris City website.  Not a match.

I was assuming this iris was from the same era as INDIAN CHIEF (late
20s) until reading that browns were a more recent development.  It does
resemble the photo of PRAIRIE SUNSET (1936) on The World of Iris website
except for the hafts.

Your guess that it's a relative or descendant sounds like a good one.  I
will try a start of PS for comparison, & will check TWOI for more clues.

I wonder if PRAIRIE SUNSET is known to throw rebloomers...

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links