Re: FW: Repeat bloom stalks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] FW: Repeat bloom stalks
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerry.snyder@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:24:45 -0700

FRANCELLE EDWARDS wrote:

> Mesmerizer usually blooms to the point of bloom out.  I never know which
> year I’m going to lose it entirely.

Francelle,

Are you saying it has bloomed out for you multiple times? Do you leave
it in the ground into the next spring so that it has a chance to make
amends?

I have been growing it since it was introduced, and have often seen
bloom on every decent-sized fan; and worried about bloomout, but always
had late increases which started blooming the next winter, unless they
were so small they waited until spring.

Not have a decent-sized rhizome for sale?-yes. Bloom out, not even close.

But I think Monty put a special blessing on the rhizome he sent me, at
least as long as grown here.

--
Gerry Snyder