Ruffled Copper Sunset

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Ruffled Copper Sunset
  • From: matbeach1@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:58:11 EDT

This flower opened today. Beginning Wednesday, the bud began drooping all the way over, and, consequently, the flower drooped today. It was leave it tossing in the wind like that or clip it, and so I did the latter. It is a really pretty flower (standards are not as purplish as they appear in this picture); however, I am wondering if weak stems are characteristic of the cultivar. I look forward to shooting one of the flowers on the stalk itself. In the plant's defense the wind has been relentless for the past couple of days.

Mike in Myrtle Beach, SC, Zone 8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image