Re: out of step

In a message dated 5/6/2005 6:17:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
This seedling has falls so wide they overlap about 1/4 inch at the top.  I'm
finding that I'm not that fond of falls that are too wide.  Personally,
those with some space look better to my eyes.  I like width, but I guess
this seems excessive and begins to destroy some of the natural form.  Maybe
I just can't adjust.  There have been several like this.  On deciding
whether to toss or allow to reside here longer, the debate is whether I can
make use of that width via crosses where the other parent lacks enough.

I would "vote" for testing this as a breeder.  It looks as if it could be one of the sunfast reds.  The signal area is impressively large.  While I agree that it is not of introductory quality, it certainly has the potential of producing impressive offspring.

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Links