Diploid bearded 'Kupari' offspring

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Diploid bearded 'Kupari' offspring
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

I've been impressed by the range of colors, that I've
been able to get from seedlings of the diploid, white
Iris pallida 'Kupari'. In addition to getting
blue/purple selfs, here are three other examples of
seedlings from 'Kupari':

'Kupari' X Iris variegata -- blend similar to 'Quaker

'Kupari' X Iris suaveolens var. rubromarginata --
dominant amoena

'Kupari' X 'Rosemarys Dream'(MTB) -- plicata

The 'Quaker Lady' type and one of the plicata
'Rosemarys Dream' offspring are very large and
vigorous plants. The amoena from suaveolens is about
half height, with a flower somewhat out of proportion
(too large?) for the size of the plant/foliage. I
think all of them have incredible potential, for
breeding at the diploid level.

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links