Re: F2 from (Kupari X suaveolens var. rubromarginata)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: F2 from (Kupari X suaveolens var. rubromarginata)
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 04:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

Neil,
I like the dark style arms also. All of these
seedlings are from a single purple 'Kupari' X
suaveolens var. rubromarginata seedling. It was
pollinated with both pollens (mixed pollen) of
'Keirith' and 'Clown Pants'. Only one pod developed,
but it probably contained offspring from both pollen
parents. Your guess would be as good as (or better
than) mine, as to which came from which.

Dave,
I'm impressed with the diversity also. And I didn't
hand-select these out of a large population. They just
happened to be the first five to bloom out of a total
of maybe a dozen seedlings. In contrast, some of my
other diploid crosses are more monotonous (colorwise):

'Kupari' X 'Rosemarys Dream' -- every one plicata

cengialtii X 'Clown Pants' -- all light blue/purple
but one bitone

I am especially enjoying seeing each new flower of
this particular cross, open.

Take care, Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com