Does Anyone Recognize this Bug?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Does Anyone Recognize this Bug?
  • From: matbeach1@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:57:48 EDT

This flying insect is usually on the spent blooms before I pull them off. They don't seem to be eating the flowers, buds, foliage or anything. My thought was that maybe they are eating aphids, but I don't see any aphids at all. I have never had them on any of my other plants.

Mike, Myrtle Beach, SC, Zone 8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image