Re: SDB colors

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB colors
  • From: Laurie Frazer laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:37:21 -0500

On May 12, 2005, at 12:21 PM, dawnsharon2001 wrote:

> 1)  What are good companion plants for SDBs like Pink Fawn (buff),
> Auroralita (gray stipples on pale yellow and white), or even the
> "smoky"
> pink of  Chanted?  What do people do with irises in shades of khaki,
> chartreuse, or  gray-brown?

I find light blue to make a beautiful companion color to the
buff-pink-dusty rose-peach-orange tones.  One of my very favorite SDB
combinations in my beds is TICKLED PEACH and RAIN DANCE.

Stippled, blended, or otherwise patterned irises often look best
coupled with solid colored companions of complementary colors - yellows
with browns, blues with greys, creams with khakis.  Brights often
companion best with brights, and pastels with pastels.

But of course there are always exceptions to every rule, and what looks
good to my eye may not look good to yours.  ;-)

Yahoo! Groups Links