Re: SDB seedling: Blue Bearded Burgundy

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] SDB seedling: Blue Bearded Burgundy
  • From: "Hensler" hensler@povn.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:37:53 -0700

Sterling,

There's nothing wrong with your plant except that it doesn't fit your definition of "perfect". The color is lovely, branching is very nice, and you're forgetting that habit can be unbelievably affected by weather. Some of my established TBs will bloom at SDB height this year!

The photo attached is of a seedling from Yipee X Pele. I was shooting for something in the Pele type but more "durable" in this part of the country. This is blooming at around 16", doesn't have the nice Pele spot, buds are too tightly held to the stem, but the number of buds just tickles me. If it ever stops raining, this thing is going to be crossed with everything I can lay hands on. :-)

Christy

THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA
http://www.povn.com/rock/