Dave in MD

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Dave in MD
  • From: "Chesapeake Hamstery" Chesapeakehamstery@juno.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:02:56 GMT

I am Dave from Aberdeen MD. I have 37 years old and have owned iris for more
then 20 years. Through college and years in a town house and several moves i
have been able to maintain the small collection i started when i was in high
school working at a nursery. I started with a few named varieties and added
over the years. I was once up to 25. I had a fascination with the browns and
loves a variety called KILT LITE. The favorite that i have kept all of these
years is called Pinafore Pink. I snapped a Photo of her this morning and it
is attached.
I also have an interest in genetics and i am a hobby breeder of small
animals. I have been working on dilute colors of Syrian hamsters for many
years. In hamsters we can have a generation in 4 months so we have faster
results then the patients folks in the plant world might have.
All of that said, the reason i found this group is i had a spontaneous
seedling bloom this year. I know exactly what named Iris i own and have never
crossed or tried to produce seeding but this spring i have a new iris in my
garden that i have never seen before. I have reason to think it could be a
seedling of LORD BALTIMORE because of the color. He is not yet in bloom.
photo attached of the new iris.

Yahoo! Groups Links