Re: TB: umbrata seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: TB: umbrata seedling
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:01:45 -0400

Picture says it - short little thing, low bud count, not much in the way
of branching, not healthy enough to suit me, flowers don't last long,
poor substance.

But it did inspire me to try some more crosses with LR this year.  LR is
one tough ol gal, and super reliable.  Plus fairly clean hafts.  The
other parent has super health, both have good branching, bud count, and
height, so this baby is a dud except for the bloom.

I will keep it till I get something better.  There are a few sibs from
the cross that haven't bloomed yet.  Slooow growers.  Probably none will
be worth keeping in the long run, but fun for now.

<I really like your seedling, Linda.  It certainly looks nicer than
Lightning Ridge.  The colors are beautiful.  I especially like its
ruffled lavender edge.  Why do you say itís not worth
keeping?               Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image