Re: SDB seedling: Blue Bearded Burgundy

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB seedling: Blue Bearded Burgundy
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 07:47:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Vicki,
Sorry this is so late. Yes, this one is mixed
chromosome. The other parent was an SDB sized seedling
that resulted from a TB X SDB cross. M0014 is proving
to be totally sterile. I have tried crossing it back
and forth to other things and so far no pods. I've
learned from my tetraploid crosses that sizes really
vary a lot. It seems getting plants of smaller stature
is much tougher than I originally thought. Thanks for
the encouragement.

Sterling
Seattle, WA zone 8

--- Vicki Craig <vicki_c@comcast.net> wrote:
> Sterling,
> Are you working with mixed chromosomes?  The
> frequent result in first
> and sometimes second generation seedlings is a range
> of sizes. So please
> don't give up on a first germination cross.  Cross
> to it's sib or back
> to one of it's parent's and see what happens.
> Irregardless, it is a
> lovely bloom!
> Vicki

Discover Yahoo!