Re: HYB: seedling foliage

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: HYB: seedling foliage
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:52:59 -0400

Thanks Robin - that looks <so> good, typical IMMORTALITY health, for
here anyway.

Local commercial daylily nurseryman/hybridizer was telling me about some
test garden for roses in California? where they intentional expose rose
seedlings to diseases and don't do any preventive care to try to select
more disease resistant cultivars.

I sure do give everything in the valley gravel garden a whopping disease
workout with no cleanup of dead foliage, high humidity till early
afternoon, poor air circulation, etc.

Attached photo is of a very <good> grower here.  Not very resistant to
foliar diseases tho.  Look at the foliage of those HELEN COLLINGWOOD bee
babies for comparison.  Most (but definitely not all) of the IMMORTALITY
kids have wonderful disease resistance here, but I was a bit surprised
at the health of those HC kids.

Can you tell I like your seedling, Robin?  Let's hope it keeps on
looking that good.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8