Re: CAL SIB: Half Magic

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CAL SIB: Half Magic
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:31:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Debby,
I don't know how hardy Cal-Sibes are. I know that the
siberian irises used in their breeding is the 40
chromosome Sino-Siberians. Can you grow Sino-Siberians
where you live? If so, you might try growing some
Cal-Sibes and see how they do. I have been told that
Cal-Sibes are hardier than PCNs.

Seattle, WA. zone 8

--- Debby <d.j.nelson@sasktel.net> wrote:
> This is lovely Sterling. Do you know how hardy it
> is? I can't grow PC Iris here in Saskatchewan, but
> have no problem growing Sibes. Just wondering what
> my chances would be with a beauty like this in the
> future.
> Debby - Canadian zone 2b (but can grow 4's)
> http://idrigillskyes.tripod.com
> http://hopeparksilkyterrier.tripod.com
> The difference between a Terrier and a Terrorist?
> You can negotiate with a Terrorist.

Discover Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups Links